Friday, June 27, 2014

Sierra Nevada

I've slowed my pace quite a bit. The population of California is actually greater than Canada's so there are plenty of places to stop every few hours.
After a night in Clearlake in the crappiest campground so far, I rode to Yuba City to send a box home of stuff that I got tired of carrying plus a Burger King lunch in front of the laundromat. 
I'm having too much fun on these roads through endless hills. All the backroads are well paved and have these turn-outs every couple miles for slower traffic. I found a campsite near North San Juan, which is just east of Rough And Ready (real name). Awesome campground (find the blue dot) on the shore of a man-made lake in the foothills of the Sierra Nevadas. There's gold in them hills!


No comments:

Post a Comment